Monday, March 26, 2007

A Great Life Remembered . . .

I returned home late yesterday from my quick trip to Pennsylvania.

Here was my constant companion
My brother Jeff.

It was nice to spend uninterrupted time with my brother. He makes me laugh ALOT and being in a car for 24 hours total would have been miserable without him.

I'll give you 3 guesses to figure out what he is doing here . . .

Yep. You guessed it. We had to stop ALOT for him for varied and assorted reasons. At one point even our navigation system (we affectionately named her Sessy) wondered why, when and how he became so high maintenance!!

Our trip destination was Milton, PA.

Jeff and I got to see family and friends that we have not seen in years. I met people that I had not met before . . . saw grown-up versions of people I remember from my childhood . . . visited familiar places . . . got to discuss weighty topics with incredibly interesting people (hi Randy & Elaine) . . . drank more in such a short time period then I have since college . . . and, most importantly, got to celebrate my grandmother.



My grandmother was well loved and will be missed in this life. As will my grandfather. I love you both.



It was a wonderful trip. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be reminded of where I get some of my characteristics. I am a Kaar. They are as much a part of me as anything else. It is great to be reminded of that from time to time.

Cheers!
dana

No comments: