Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Yes I took that picture!

I spend my days at home with my youngest daughter. We find fun things to do. Educational things to do. Chores to do. Places to go. Lately all I want to do is be here at my potting bench in the greenhouse.

The little one is patient with me up to a point. She occupies herself with swinging, mud pies, or tending to her plants . . . for awhile. But then the "Mommy-come-push-me-on-the-swing" calls become louder and more persistent. So I do. Because why be home with my children if I'm not really here.

So anyway.

Our yard is so beautiful at this time of year. The iris, love-in-the-mist, coreopsis, columbine, torch lily, soapwart, chives, and wallflower are a mass of blooms.




Our vegetable garden will be planted by my worker-bee husband this evening. Can't wait for that. Well, what I really can't wait for is the first tomato of the summer . . . or the first ear of corn . . . or, um , well . . . for any of it!

I got this picture of Sweetie Boy today. His name is so fitting. Just don't tell any of the other cats in the neighborhood that he really is sweet.


Finally, my brother and his wife have been married for 3 years today. What a beautiful union. I love you both.

xo -- dana

1 comment:

Sarah and Jack said...

Lovely photos in this post! (Particularly the cat, mine aren't very cooperative.)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!