Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Vacation wrap up

We wrapped up 2007 by taking a much needed, and well deserved I might add, vacation. It included a wide variety of things including:



1) Surprising the girls with a trip on the Polar Express. As you can see, Licious was thrilled with the prospect, Boo was a bit nervous about traveling to the North Pole, and Razor . . . well . . . although the photo would indicate otherwise . . . he really was just as excited as Licious.




2) Tubing like wild maniacs down a STEEP snow covered mountain! The girls couldn't decide which was more fun -- tubing down or riding the lift back up to the top.




3) Spotting lots and lots of elk. Those suckers are huge!




4) Combing the beach for pristine sea shells. Many shells made it back home with us.


We did other things as well. Spent a week at my parents house. Played at an awesome park with Uncle Jeff and Aunt Bonnie. Razor and I went on an actual date . . . dinner, movie, shopping . . . it was heaven. Long walks. Good food. Great company.

Finally, I wonder if anyone reads this blog anymore. Fundamentally, I blog for myself and for my children to look back at one day and read the day-to-day life of their childhood and to get glimpses of what their mother was like. However, it is absolutely thrilling, flattering and, actually, quite moving to hear from family, friends and strangers that take time to stop by and read what I'm writing. For a time family and friends would email or call about my blog. And, for a time I got comments from a few readers. That has all dwindled and I'm left wondering why I feel sad about that. I'll have to give that some thought.

Anywho. My family beckons to play Yahtzee. I think it is our attempt to stretch our vacation as long as possible.

-dana

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, I check your blog everyday! It's the first thing I do in the morning and the last thing I do at night. Always checking for a new post :). Keep going!!!!
Kris

Sarah and Jack said...

I think the entire month of December was slow on *every* blog.

Don't take it personally. And get google analytics if you don't already have it!

Happy New Year!

Mama Said Sew said...

I'm still reading Dana! I have you on my bloglines and am always happy to see when you've posted.

Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. Someone else told me about the Polar Express ride and I'm thinking there must be several around the country. I'm definitely looking into it for next year.

Anonymous said...

Think again. I can't wait to see the latest.
Love you
Mom

Sarah and Jack said...

Dana, I don't have an email address for you anymore since I dumped my entire box, lol. The only "pattern" I used to make that little owl quilt is the owl pattern on Anna Maria Horner's blog for her felt owl ornaments. The rest was just my usual make it up as I go, 9 or 12 squares with sashing.