Saturday, July 26, 2008

Razor is at it again

Adventure Racing Man strikes again. This time it is a 24 hour race starting today at 12:30pm. It will include mountain biking, trail running, paddling, orienteering and other mystery events for 24 straight hours. Your heard right. 24 straight hours. And, all the while having to navigate and find checkpoints out in the wilderness with nothing more than a compass and a map. None of those fancy GPS thingys allowed.








This is a super high-tech race too because you can follow it online HERE. Go check it out as you can follow the action and Razor himself!! Each team has a locator beacon in one of their backpacks and the website will be using satellite technology to pinpoint exactly where each team is on the coursemap. How stinkin' cool is that? So, when I'm here at home moaning 'cause Razor forgot to take the trash out before he left yesterday I can see exactly where he is in the universe and send all my lovely thoughts directly to him. Or, I can even go to the Shoutout Box and select his team name from the drop down menu (Appalachian Outfitters/Northern Lites) and send him a message that he'll receive at one of the checkpoints during the race! I imagine it will be a message something like this . . .

Honey! You forgot to take out the trash. And, when you get home I need you to also mow the lawn, weed the garden, replace the roof on the barn, gather the vegetables, put the flea medicine on the cats and run to the hardware store. Love you. Good luck. Hurry home!

Boy, I sure hope he isn't too tired afterwards.

-dana

5 comments:

jacquie said...

Isn't it great to have a hubby who can do it all. Sending him good luck in the race!

Just Lisa said...

Oh my gosh! That's insane! Good for him! And here I was feeling proud of myself that I was going to walk the two blocks to Subway for lunch today!

Heidi Zawisza said...

HA! laughing out loud right now!!

sarah, rsm said...

And you are not racing with him because ...?

:)

Anonymous said...

Razor is the man!