Sunday, November 9, 2008

Adventure Racing Man goes big time

Normally we don't get to be at Razor's adventure races. Cause he is out in the middle of no where. Usually at some random time past midnight.




But this year he qualified for the USARA Adventure Race National Championship and we wouldn't have missed it for the world!



Now, adventure racing is not a spectator sport. Those crazy cats cover miles and miles of terrain and short of being in a helicopter there is no way to follow the race live as it happens. But, we were soooo at the finish line. And LOOK!! Here he comes now!!









You'll have to excuse Razor. He is not normally this loopy. However, he has been racing non-stop for over 28 hours and is a bit tired. And hungry. And dirty. And, I hate to mention this part but I'm just keeping it real . . .well . . . he is really stinky. (I love you honey. Now go take a shower.)







Way to go Eddie, Jen and Razor! You guys are the reason I haul my tail to the gym each day.

-dana


P.S. I had every intention of starting the big three quilt giveaway here tomorrow. However, I've been called to substitute teach so it will have to wait until Tuesday.


18 comments:

Debi said...

I admire your DH on his adventures. It takes a lot of strength, stamina, dedication and determination to compete as he does.

Debi said...

I admire your DH on his adventures. It takes a lot of strength, stamina, dedication and determination to compete as he does.

Debi said...

I admire your DH on his adventures. It takes a lot of strength, stamina, dedication and determination to compete as he does.

Sarah Pead said...

I just can't wait. The quilts look beautiful! :)

Artfulife said...

Awesome! I think it's so cool he does this. By the way, I think most hubby's probably smell funny once in a while:) Can't wait for all the quilt fun to begin.

sarah, rsm said...

Way to go, Razor! Have fun teaching tomorrow, Dana!!

Unknown said...

How great that you got to be there at the finish! Do they take a break for the winter? Congrats to the team!

Hope you have enough energy for the chaos you are about to make :)

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet said...

Congratulations, Razor! That's admirable! You have a reason for being stinky. LOL!

Bloggy Mama said...

So cool!!! I totally didn't know that you are a teacher. Me, too! Cool, something we have in common!!

Tine said...

I am so impressed with Razor! I get tired just hearing about what he does!
Have fun teaching :-)

wesleyjeanne said...

Kudos to Razor!

We'll forgive you on the quilts...but don't delay too long, we all love love love your quilt giveaway.

By the way, I gave you an award today. Check it out.

Elissa said...

oh my, i feel incredibly out of shape suddenly. hope i win one of those quilts to hide under! ;-)

Salem Stitcher said...

Wow, you must be so proud of your hubby even if he is loopy and stinky! He looks like he is having a blast.

Just caught up on your DC post too. It must have been a great trip. I cannot imagine how great it was to be there. I have to tell you, though, my favorite picture is the duck butt.

FeatherBunkle said...

I am so inspired by you, your family and the jorney of life that you've chosen to blog! And your quilts look so vibrant and delicious!

Cindy said...

Way to go, Razor! How exciting for you to be at the finish line! Love your music as always!

Paola said...

It's not easy to race like that, esp. for 28hrs!!! WTG Razor.

Jenn~ said...

I hope you had an amazing day teaching (btw, that is awesome that you do that) and congrats to Razor and team...I can not imagine doing such a trek....I am in awe....and should get my butt to the gym too...hehehe

Unknown said...

You substitute teach? So do I! I am a SAHM and I substitute every now and again to supplement out income. I actually worked this past Monday! Gotta love me some 6th graders! :o) Anyway, have a great day!