Monday, April 26, 2010

Flying by



Life seems to be screaming ahead at break neck speed. Between gardening, running the kids to clogging, or Girl Scouts, or May pole dancing practice, housework, making soap, pulling weeds, watering in the greenhouses, walking the dogs and folding laundry I have nary a second to sew. I haven't worked on my pinwheel quilt in weeks.

I did, however, manage to go through my fabric stash last night and make a stack of fabric I either need to swap or sell as there are a few new fabric lines that I am dying to get my hands on. (I have Moda Roman Holiday. Anyone? How about a few bits of Flea Market Fancy? Other good stuff too.)

This weekend was my first craft show of the season. Soap, sugar scrub and more soap. I don't know if my mind and body are ready for another season. Guess they haven't checked the date on the calender.

These were for a baby shower a few weeks ago. For a soon to be Xavier. Can't wait to meet him.

-dana

15 comments:

pippinsequim said...

Tell me more about these flea market fancy pieces... I'm interested.

Audrie said...

See I have a problem... I spy new lines I like but I cannot let go of what I have. It's sad, really.

I'm going to a baby shower in a couple weeks! First baby shower ever! I'm making a quilt, of course :)

Amanda said...

i'm interested in roman holiday. let me know, PLEASE.

Kelly O. said...

I'm always up for buying other people's stash :)
watcha' got?

Artfulife said...

That new Moda fabric is just adorable! Can't wait to see what you make with it :)

Anita in Florida said...

You should take pictures and list the prices...you're sure to sell it from your blog.

D'Lyn said...

oooooooh. I love that First Bloom.

amylouwhosews said...

I hear you!! I just went through all my stuff and put away the projects that I just know I won't get to before the move. Trying make everything a little more simple so I won't run into anything at breakneck speed!

Good luck with this season's markets!

Elissa said...

i love that dang little tie onesie. they are all cute, but i see these now all over blogdom and etsy. where was this idea when my boys were babies? it's so stinkin cute. alright, i'll make them big boy ones on t-shirts. i'll add that to MY sewing list and probably have them done in time for them to wear to their bachelor parties. hey.. that's a fun idea.

not, of course, my babies getting married. just the fake-tie-t-shirt-at-bachelor-party part.

Rebecca Maples said...

I might be the only one, but I had to re-read this a couple of times. I was trying to figure out who was taking a pole dancing class....then I realized that it was a class for dancing around the May pole thing;)

CurlyGirlD said...

Dana,

Scraps from both lines sound GREAT! Are they still available? If so, please let me know.

~Diana

Denise in PA said...

Flea Market Fancy - absolutely! They really should re-print that line!

Unknown said...

I "found" my sugar scrub again a couple weeks ago and have really enjoyed using it again! Yes it was lost on the kitchen counter :/

This time of year is so full! Hope you get a nap :)

Lara said...

Ooooh I'll happily swap with you Dana although I am very unlikely to have anything of interest to you :( let me know what you're after... I could do a purchase and delivery swap online :)

Kristen said...

I'm also interested in Flea Market Fancy! Any more info? =)