Monday, August 27, 2012
Today I'm . . .
- Feeling itchy and sneezy thanks to the blooming weeds of fall. Not those above. No. Those are Brown Eyed Susans which don't cause me a minute of nasal distress. It's Ragweed I can thank for that pleasantness.
- Remembering Friday night with friends, grilled pizza and an easiness between our families that I love.
- Trying to crawl out of this kids-are-back-in-school-what-is-the-meaning-of-life funk that I'm in right now.
- Hoping you know what I mean.
- Wondering how else to explain it.
- Trying again. . . Each year when the girls head back to school I have a few weeks where I'm grumpy and emotional. And though I do miss my girls I don't think it's really that they are back in school that triggers it. I feel this anxious-gotta-hurry-up-and-get-stuff-done-but-what-shall-I-tackle-first kind of thing that at the end of the day leaves me exhausted. Seems when I'm in my house alone for a big chunk of a week I feel I need to be working and doing and fixing and doing some more the entire time. Like every single second. Sitting down to eat lunch or talk to a far away friend seems like too much of a luxury. And I gotta get it done today because there is more to do tomorrow. So hurry up already.
- Smiling because I know that many of you will recognize some of what I'm saying and offer such kind, soul soothing words.
- Thinking that's why I feel comfortable to share here.
- Rejoicing . . . yes rejoicing . . . because I now have a non-leaking dishwasher. Hallelujah.
- Signing off. Cause there are things to do.