Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Post vacay blues


I'm spending today much like yesterday.  Putting a house back together after two weeks away.  Washing a pile of laundry higher than the peaks we saw in Wyoming.  Rationalizing that peach pie obviously adheres to the self avowed "all health diet" that I proclaimed for my family once we returned. 


Being away is interesting.  The thought of it is all consuming for months in advance. And then poof! It's over. And your left wondering if it even happened at all.

So now I will pack it all away.  Clean it all up.  Upload images from my camera.  And find a way to commemorate it adequately. I will share it here soon.

-dana

11 comments:

Molly said...

That pie is almost too beautiful to eat! And it's certainly a health food.

I know that "glad to be home but what did I used to do" feeling. Isn't it great to eat a salad?!

Melissa B said...

Peach pie is loaded with vitamin A, which is like, really really important, right? Add some blueberries and you're practically baking a salad...

Kar said...

Peach Blueberry Pie is a very healthy food with all that fruit in it. Surely there is no doubt. :)

I know you had an absolute blast in Wyoming! Heaven on Earth. :)

Kim said...

They say that anticipation of the trip is 80% of the enjoyment. I do love to travel but coming home always makes my heart sing :0).
Can't wait to see your pictures.

That pie is making my mouth water...did you take a picture of it baked before it got enjoyed by your family? You did share it with them right? ;0)

Welcome home and Happy Sewing

Lee D said...

you have me drooling this morning and craving pie...thanks

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Welcome home to the "real" world.
Hope you had a great trip!

QuiltNut Creations said...

yummers!!

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

Hope it was a simply wonderful trip. xo

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

The pie has me dreaming of a slice with vanilla bean ice cream. We are in the anticipation and planning mode for our vacation. I can't wait to hear all the details and see your amazing photos.

Beth said...

I always feel so conflicted after a trip. Happy to be home, sad for it to be over, kinda annoyed at all teh laundry ;). But that only lasts a day and then I love looking at the pictures and sort of reliving the vaca in my mind.
Look forward to hearing a bit about yours.

Lindsey R. :: LRstitched said...

can't wait to hear all about it and if it's fruit it's totally healthy!