Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Occupying my time


The past week or so I've spent most of my free time in the greenhouse.  I don't have anything to distract me but dirt, seeds and my yappy, bark-happy dogs.


Soon I'll have hundreds of baby plants to obsess about. To water. To worry if they will freeze at night. To check and double check and triple check that the heat lamps turn on at night.


This time of year it's gardening instead of quilting.  But I dreamt a long, complicated dream about a quilt last night.  Out of sight but not out of mind I suppose.

-dana

9 comments:

Jackie said...

I love seeing baby plants grow. It holds so much promise for a fruitful season.

Ranch Wife said...

I'm envious of your greenhouse and I'm anxious to get my hands in the dirt. 60 mph winds last week and this are keeping me from playing in the garden.

Kim said...

Bring on the sunshine, bring on the heat! I'm ready! Those who plant a seed believe in hope.

Happy Gardening, I hope you wrote down that dream quilt :0) so you can make it happen!

Lynn said...

After the past couple of days I was thinking spring may not show up. But you've given me hope!

Kar said...

I planted seeds over the weekend and can't wait to see things start to sprout. I might just have to walk out there right now to take a peek at things. It's so much fun playing in the dirt. :)

dolores said...

We are finally starting to see the ground with the snow melting but everything is way to wet to mess with!

So what color is the quilt?:)

Terri said...

How wonderful to have a greenhouse! and such a good start on the garden season. I love seeing this since we still have piles of snow throughout our yard and gardens.

Beth said...

I wish I had a green thumb. And a place to plant. I really enjoyed seeing those tiny green shoots peeking up out of the dirt.

Corinnea said...

What a lovely place to spend time! Hope all of your hard work brings a full harvest!