Friday, April 18, 2014
3. Freezing temps sent Razor and I scuttling around the yard with sheets and duct tape.
4. Licious, my youngest, came home with chicks.
5. Chicks hatched at school. One with a major defect making it unable to walk. Spraddle leg it's called.
6. With many attempts by her and Razor to rehabilitate the poor thing, she wasn't thriving.
7. Heartbreaking is what that is called. Thanks to Razor for ending the suffering.
8. Two chicks remain and they are fluffy and cute.
9. We don't have a hen house. But I guess we will soon.
10. We've moved the raspberry bed to a location more suited to it's spreading-ness. We've dug and dug and dug some more over the course of the last eight months. Completely eradicating the raspberries from their prior location will be a long battle. Anyone have any hints or tips on how to completely remove them from the old location?
11. I haven't made a quilt in awhile now. I have a few at the long arm quilters. Anxious to see them again. One is a king sized scrappy bear paw quilt. With a velveteen backing. Super excited about that one.
12. Have a lovely holiday weekend.