Monday, May 5, 2014

The Old Red Barn (Let's Build a Forest) -- children's book about eco-responsibility

Image from the children's book The Old Red Barn written by Kevin Kelly and Chris Laingen. Find them on Kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/207485744/the-old-red-barn-lets-build-a-forest.
You've heard of Google Alerts right?  You know, where you enter some parameters and then any time that word combination pops up on the Internet it will alert you and provide a link so you can go check it out?  I've got one set up to send me alerts for the words "Old Red Barn" cause, well, I have a company called Old Red Barn.  Plus, this blog is titled the same thing. Plus I happen to love old red barns and I get links to lots of cool articles about . . . wait for it . . .  old red barns.

Well, early last week I got an alert that sent me to a kickstarter page detailing a new book written by Kevin Kelly and Chris Laingen about an old red barn.  It's a book for kids teaching them about eco-responsibility and for every book sold a tree will be planted.

That is if they meet their kickstarter goal of $30,000.

$30,000 is a hefty sum.  And I sure hope they meet it!

Check 'em out here.

-dana

P.S.  Those fellas have no clue I exist and I am in no way associated with them.  I just like their idea and thought you might too.

P.P.S  Strike that first sentence.  I'm pretty sure they've Googled "Old Red Barn" and probably know I exist.  However, one has nothing to do with the other.

P.P.S.  Peace out.