Thursday, August 14, 2014

Tools of the Trade


Little known fact: I like to quilt.

Hardy-har-har.

Actual little known fact:  This year Olfa celebrates 35 years of the the rotary cutter.  Rotary cutters make cutting fabric for piecing so fast.  So precise.  And so easy.


Olfa asked lots of bloggers to make a 6" block to contribute to an anniversary quilt that they are putting together.  The only requirement other than finished size was that it have yellow in it.  I made one and shipped it to them without even photographing it.  Duh.  Good thing I made this test block first to see if my math on this variation on a friendship star would work.

Thanks for inviting me to contribute Olfa!

-dana

P.S.  I might put together a little tutorial for this tiny block.  But I wouldn't hold your breath because I'm having a hard time completing anything this summer.  You too right?


8 comments:

Kar said...

I feel so unproductive in the creative field this Summer do to everything else that was going on. I'm kind of in a funk about it.

Love the block you made! : )

Megan said...

Aside from loving the colors and piecing of this block, my favorite part of this post is how the scraps/cutter in the first picture make a heart.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

That's so awesome! Cute block! Yes I applaud myself for getting the smallest things done right now, I'm a big fan of winter :)

Susan said...

This is such a cute block! I love my Olfa cutter too!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

If our dang garden would quit producing maybe I could get some sewing done!!!

The blacksmith is going on a week long squirrel hunt next week, so maybe I will pitch all the tomatoes over the hill and sew!!!

Sew on ~ ~ ~ ~

Beth said...

It is a very cute block. And I have every size Olfa cutter. Can't cut without them. LOL

yarnivorous said...

Me too! I have so many things to do that I'm not getting things done for me! I have a new niece or nephew on the way and I've promised various knits, a friend is at last having a much wanted baby and I want to knit her stuff too and make a quilt... and then there is the summer stuff, like making bucketloads of jam and dealing with the garden - we are still planting! Plus our tomatoes are bearing heavily but aren't ripe yet... so I'm facing down the barrel of mountains of cherry tomatoes.

Anne Hayward said...

A very pretty block would love to see a tutorial on friendship star as it's one I hav'nt tried, do you know when Olfa will be showing the completed quilt? would love to see it