Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Healing hearts






I started stitching patchwork hearts back in January. It just felt right to make something with such an obvious symbol of love while I was feeling the way that I was. I continued making hearts in February because I just felt compelled to keep going. This month I assembled all my hearts into this quilt top. And I've included a little note on the back as to why. A personal love note to myself in a time where I've felt so anxious, uncertain and untethered. Making something with my own two hands has always been a sort of therapeutic practice for me. This one even more so.

-dana

10 comments:

the girlfriend gap said...

Quilty hugs for you and the world.... Love is always the answer. Love the sweet fabrics. Also feeling the need to make a heart quilt. Janita

Laura said...

Beautiful quilt. I have felt anxious in the last few months as well. I'm glad it has been therapeutic for you.

AnnieO said...

In tumultuous times, love is the answer! Beautiful quilt.

Béa said...

Beautiful quilt and photos XXX

Mama Spark said...

I love this quilt and hope you are ok!

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Beautiful, special quilt! So many hearts!!!

DebbyMc said...

Beautiful. Hugs, Dana ❤

Kate Hall said...

Beautiful! And I'm a firm believer that love is the biggest necessity and anything that hurts isn't love... and I'm a firm believer that the backing to that quilt is divine... :) LOVE!!!

Jennifer said...

Love it, hope that it is helping to heal you 💗

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Quilting helps me wok through anxious times--your quilt is beautiful--you used los of red from your fabric stash