Thursday, July 5, 2018

So, I've been making quilts and stuff








Summer. I've been making lots of quilts this summer. In fact, I've been making lots of quilts this year in general. This scrappy, String Diamond quilt isn't even my most recent. I've made three more since this one. I'm on a roll I guess. I really do love making quilts but my productivity probably has more to do with the mindset I get into while creating them. I call it "flow."  I'm in the "flow" during the making process. It's not really an altered state . . . but it kind of is. Flow is when my body is physically present buy my mind is in this relaxed state of awesomeness where it's operating to perform the task at hand but not working on anything else but that. I'm not worried, anxious, planning, dreaming, happy, sad or anything. I'm simply just in the "flow."  And that has been so nice.

Anyway.

I foundation pieced skinny strips of fabric onto muslin and then cut each block to 5.5" x 10.5".  I quilted it with simple straight lines along seams. It's backed in corduroy.

-dana

10 comments:

beth said...

dana!! i love it!! flow really feels amazing, doesn't it??

Laura said...

Love the quilt! I want to make one just like it.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! You are so talented!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What a beauty!

Molly said...

Backed in corduroy! That sounds awesome and perfect for a nice warm quilt for winter. I love it!!!

Jennifer said...

This quilt is amazing - great use of all those scraps/strips. Hope you and your family are doing well!

Megan said...

I imagine this one is deliciously heavy. Love all the colors.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Gotta love a good String Quilt and this is certainly that!!

Unknown said...

It's wonderful!! I totally understand 'flow' and it is nice to have you posting again :-)

sarah, rsm said...

I LOVE flow! I forget everyone and everything and live entirely in the moment without even trying... it's wonderful.