Friday, August 17, 2007

Just realized this about myself

I just realized something new about myself.

As a general rule I'm pretty crafty. I'm always making something new or using what I have in new ways around the house. But when something is on my mind [perhaps the fast approaching new school year and the fact that my youngest will start kindergarten] I am a crafting maniac!


This sign will be on the door to the art and yearbook room at the school. I'll be running the yearbook staff on Thursday afternoons and teaching art for K-8 on Fridays.


I have wanted to make one of these for several months and finally whipped one out the other night.

Fast, easy and fun.

It is made with a mix of pink and green fabrics. Then instead of my original plan of using seam binding to string them on, I used this two tone green pom-pom trim that I found at a thrift store last week. I got yards and yards and yards of it for $.50. It's the good cotton kind too. Not that awful polyester junk.

I'm off to sew.
-dana

4 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

Oh, I love the addition of the pom pom trim!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love both of your recent endeavors! And your job sounds like so much fun what a wonderful outlet that will be. Oh.. and that cool ceiling and light in your girl's room.... lovin' those!

Dana said...

Thanks gals!

Mama Said Sew said...

Hey, I recognize that fabric! The sign and the banner both look great Dana!