Friday, January 17, 2014

Under the wire


Each January my husband, Razor, and I write a list of hopes, dreams and plans for the year ahead.  It's a giant fist bump to the soul when come the end of December we can look at the list and cross off all the things we've successfully completed.  


One thing that had been on the list for two years running was painting the play room.  So, guess what my girls and I did the day of New Year's Eve?  Yep.  We buckled down and painted that play room.  Boom.  Done. Check.  Scratchy-scratchy off the list.  And not because we had to but because we wanted to.  

See that alcove in the photo above?  Wait until you see what it's now become.

-dana

9 comments:

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

A little place for a quilt ladder perhaps?

Kar said...

How exciting!!! Love the creamy white color you put on the paneled walls. Awesome!

Lynn said...

That's a nice way to start the new year!

Kim said...

Did Razor build a desk in there for you?
Nice way to bond with your girls and give them some practical experience in painting a room....every girl needs to know that!

I'll be watching :0),
Happy Sewing

Beth said...

I love a mystery!!! It is so much fun to change up a room. I know the play room doesn't need to be a play room anymore, but I bet it will still be a fun room.

Jackie said...

Can't wait to see the whole thing! :)

Amy said...

I've never been a list gal, but my sister has persuaded me to begin. You are both sooo right! I love that feeling of scratching something off the list. I feel so accomplished when I do! Congrats!! Looking forward to seeing that alcove. :)

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

If this is your new craft/sewing room I am going to be so jealous!!

yarnivorous said...

What a good idea - an actual list. I should do that. We should do that. I think I've become afraid of having dreams these last few years.