Monday, February 20, 2017

Filigree Quilt


My newest quilt is from a pattern from Fat Quarter Shop called Filigree. It's from a series the shop does with Art Gallery Fabrics called AGF Stitched where they put out about four patterns a year together. I've made two other quilts from the series (see them here and here) and always find myself checking them out and opting for the quick make.  I consider the AGF Stitched quilts "quick makes" because they are generally smaller quilts than I normally make (Filigree is 56.5" square) and the construction is always fast.


I like the clever way these blocks are made. I'm not the biggest fan of setting blocks on point but this quilt doesn't do that . . . it just looks like it. And, I love the fabric placement and how the colors move across the quilt.


The fabrics are Garden Dreamer by Maureen Cracknell and denim from Art Gallery Fabrics. And this quilt is soft, pretty, graphic and makes me long for daffodils, forsythia, tulips and apple blossoms.

-dana

P.S. Filigree is a free pattern and even has a video tutorial on how to make it that you can find here.

6 comments:

Jacque. said...

I have loved every single quilt you have made. Always love your choices...color plus pattern.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt Dana and great fabrics!!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

You're the sweetest Jacque!!!!!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Thank you! It was a clever and fast quilt to make and I love the result!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

This looks like a fun one to make.

Jo said...

It really is a visually stunning quilt!