Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What is my obesssion with old red barns anyway?


Why do I love them?

Hard to say for sure. I just do. They are peaceful. Beautiful. Reminiscent of a time gone by. The red in contrast to the green surroundings. Or, even the gray surroundings of winter. They usually stand alone. Apart from other structures.

I love everything about them. The way they look. The way they smell. They way you can see the dust in the air when you swing the door open. I love how some are well maintained and pristine. I love how some are nearly falling down.

Since I was in college (1990-1994 University of Missouri - Go Tigers!) I have loved old red barns. My husband is all too familiar with me spying one as we are driving and yelling, "Stop the car! I gotta look at this barn!" I've seen some real beauties with him by my side. Sometimes he even spots them before I do.

They are especially lovely with Holsteins grazing in a pasture nearby. Or those gorgeous woolly sheep with the black faces and legs. The barn pictured above is in central Pennsylvania. I'm guessing it was an old tobacco barn. I love the stone silo. Who knew even my brother would stop the car to satisfy my quirkiness??

No, I don't have an old red barn. I do have an old brown one and I love it nearly just as much.

It just made sense to name my company after my obsession.

-dana

1 comment:

Patrice C Manning said...

Check out myspace.com/patriceclair
thats the name of my Cause (The Red Barn) and I plan on using a red barn for our rescue mission bldg.I would also like to give you a oppurtunity to have your store on My Power Mall Business Partnership Program.We are working on signing up stores to M.P.M. driving customers to your site and guarantee 50% increase in your sales from our thousand of shoppers that shop there daily.The presentation video for having your own mall is something you can watch now. The one to get your store on the mall is coming out in 2 days,I would love to keep you updated as soon as we are giving places in our Mall to Store owners.Giving! you heard me right,driving thousands of customers to take a look at your Store everyday from members of The Power mall.We Had 1600 sign up for their own Mall the other day and the numbers keeps growing,GO to www.bestevermall.com and watch how the business works.When you watch you will see how having a business partnership with us and Harnessing the Power of Finance to Change the World, Really Works. It truly is Free.Whats to say No to,Free presence on the best shopping network on the internet,Free advertising,We help relationships with your costumers get a tune up,and keep them tuned up.I would love for you to contact me at any time by email At, manningfree@gmail.com or through the Mall At, www.bestevermall.com Let the fun begin! See you there.
All the best to You,Thank You;
Ms.Patrice Manning